Holy Family, Enfield,
was the last church
dedicated during the episcopate of Archbishop Henry J.
O'Brien. He established the parish on September 16, 1965,
appointing Father Francis T. Kerwan founding pastor. About 20
acres on Simon Road had already been purchased as the site of
a church. More than 1200 households comprised the new
parish. Father Kerwan celebrated the first parish Mass at Enfield
High School on September 19, 1965. In the spring of 1966, a
church building fund campaign was launched. On July 9, 1967,
ground was broken and construction began. On November 9,
1968, the church of trapezoidal design was dedicated byAuxiliary
Bishop John F. Hackett.